- Many office hours have changed location this week because of anticipated demand, so please check the location listed on the website before going.
- Project 1 is released. Checkpoint is due Friday 9/21; project is due Friday 9/28. You may work with a partner from your lab.
- To get credit for checkpoint for Project 1, finish the first 8 questions before the checkpoint date, 9/21, and submit the project! The submit cell is at the bottom of the project.
- HW 4 is due Thurs, 9/20 at midnight. Get an extra credit point by submitting before Wed, 9/19, at midnight!
- Lab this week will be Project 1 work time! There will be no standalone programming lab assignment this week.
- I made a mistake in lecture on Monday; see here for explanation.
- Tutoring sign-ups will be released Saturday noon. Tutoring will start next Monday.
- Office hours today 10-12 are in a new location, Garbarini Lounge.
Some office hour locations have shifted; check our calendar.
If you are on the waitlist: either complete and submit labs by Wednesday 8:59am with all tests passing 100%; or complete your lab and go to office hours on Friday to get checked off.
Homework 1 is due next Thursday, 8/30, at 11:59pm. You will receive a bonus point if you finish it a day early.
Office hours will be held starting Monday. See our schedule.
Students on the waitlist, please attend an overflow lab on Sunday (or do lab 01 on your own).
Students on the waitlist, please attend overflow lecture on Sunday at 3pm in Pimental.
Instructors: Ramesh Sridharan and David Wagner
Lecture: MWF 9am-10am in 150 Wheeler
|Wed 8/22||Introduction||Slides, Demos||1.1, 1.2, 1.3|
|Fri 8/24||Cause and Effect||Slides||2||
Homework 01 (Due Thu 8/30)
|Mon 8/27||Tables||Slides, Demos, Video||3|
|Wed 8/29||Data Types||Slides, Demos, Video||4, 5|
|Fri 8/31||Building Tables||Slides, Demos, Video||6.1, 6.2||
Homework 02 (Due Thu 9/6)
|Mon 9/3||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Wed 9/5||Charts; Census||Slides, Demos, Video||7, 7.1, 6.3, 6.4|
|Fri 9/7||Census||Slides, Demos, Video||6.3, 6.4||
Homework 03 (Due Thu 9/13)
|Mon 9/10||Histograms||Slides, Demos, Video||7.2, 7.3|
|Wed 9/12||Functions||Slides, Demos, Video||8, 8.1|
|Fri 9/14||Groups||Slides, Demos, Video||8.2, 8.3||
Homework 04 (Due Thu 9/20)
(Checkpoint Fri 9/21; Due Fri 9/28)
|Mon 9/17||Joins||Slides, Demos, Video||8.4|
|Wed 9/19||Table Examples||Slides, Demos, Video||8.5||
Lab: Project 1
|Fri 9/21||Iteration||Slides, Demos, Video||9, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3||
Homework 05 (Due Thu 9/27)
|Mon 9/24||Chance||Slides, Demos||9.4, 9.5|
|Wed 9/26||Sampling||10, 10.1, 10.2|
|Mon 10/1||Comparing Distributions||11.1, 11.2|
|Wed 10/3||Decisions and Uncertainty||11.3||
Lab 06: Assessing Models
|Fri 10/5||A/B Testing||12.1, 12.2|
Lab: Midterm Review
|Fri 10/12||Examples and Midterm Review|
|Mon 10/15||Confidence intervals||13, 13.1, 13.2|
|Wed 10/17||Interpreting Confidence||13.3, 13.4||
Lab 07: Bootstrap
|Fri 10/19||Center and Spread||14, 14.1, 14.2||
Project 2: Diet and Disease
(Checkpoint Fri 10/26; Due Thu 11/1)
|Mon 10/22||The Normal Distribution||14.3, 14.4|
|Wed 10/24||Sample Means||14.5||
Lab: Project 2
|Fri 10/26||Designing Experiments||14.6|
|Mon 10/29||Correlation||15, 15.1|
|Wed 10/31||Linear Regression||15.2||
Lab 08: Correlation
|Fri 11/2||Least Squares||15.3, 15.4|
|Mon 11/5||Residuals||15.5, 15.6|
|Wed 11/7||Regression Inference||16||
Lab 09: Regression
|Fri 11/9||Classification||17, 17.1, 17.2, 17.3||
Project 3: Classifying Movies
(Checkpoint Fri 11/16; Due Thu 11/29)
|Mon 11/12||Holiday: No Lecture|
Lab: Project 3
|Wed 11/21||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Fri 11/23||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Mon 11/26||Case Studies|
Lab 10: Decisions