- We updated Project 3, to correct mistakes in Q2.1.4 and Q2.1.5. Please get the updated copy by following our instructions on Piazza.
Project 1 grades have been released. Regrade requests are due on Wednesday 11/7.
There are still a few open spots for small-group tutoring sections. To find more info and to sign up, check out the post on Piazza
Ramesh's Tuesday office hours this week have been moved to Thursday. As always, you can check the office hours page for up-to-date info.
Homework 10 is due this Thursday. You can submit it early on Wednesday for a bonus point.
Project 2 is due this Friday. You can submit it early on Thursday for a bonus point.
Homework 9 is due this Thursday. You can submit it early on Wednesday for a bonus point.
- Sign-ups for tutoring will open today at 11am: https://piazza.com/class/ji0gwp9m57omr?cid=945.
Midterm grades are now available. Regrade requests are due Sunday, 10/21, at 11:59pm; see the link for details.
No homework this week.
- The midterm is tonight at 7pm.
- If you haven't received an email with your midterm seat assignment and location, please contact Emma Jaeger immediately.
Don't forget - homework 7 is tonight!
Please take our mid-semester survey! This is very helpful to us in improving the course -- we hope you'll fill it out. Deadline: Thursday at 11:59pm.
Midterm review session tonight, Wednesday, 8:00-9:30pm in 2050 Valley Life Sciences Building (VLSB).
The midterm is this Friday, 10/12, at 7pm. Study! Some advice on midterm prep: Read through the textbook on any topics you are fuzzy on. Take a practice midterm. Watch the video walkthrough for solutions if you want. See what topics you need more help on. Sleep well on Thursday night!
Homework 7 is due Wednesday, 10/10, at 11:59pm (a day earlier than usual). Don't forget to submit!
Please take our mid-semester survey! This is very helpful to us in improving the course -- we hope you'll fill it out. Deadline: Wednesday, 10/10, at 11:59pm.
Homework 5 grades are now out. Regrades due Wed 10/10 at 11:59pm, so check over your grades now.
The midterm is this Friday, 10/12, at 7pm. This is a good time to start studying for the midterm. We will have review in lab this week, and a review session on Wednesday evening, 8:00-9:30pm in 2050 Valley Life Sciences Building (VLSB).
- Homework 7 will be released tomorrow (Thursday) night, and will be due on Wednesday 10/10 at 11:59pm -- a day early.
- Regrade requests: see here. Regrade requests should be submitted on Gradescope or emailed to your lab TA (not posted on Piazza).
- Many office hours have changed location this week because of anticipated demand, so please check the location listed on the website before going.
- Project 1 is released. Checkpoint is due Friday 9/21; project is due Friday 9/28. You may work with a partner from your lab.
- To get credit for checkpoint for Project 1, finish the first 8 questions before the checkpoint date, 9/21, and submit the project! The submit cell is at the bottom of the project.
- HW 4 is due Thurs, 9/20 at midnight. Get an extra credit point by submitting before Wed, 9/19, at midnight!
- Lab this week will be Project 1 work time! There will be no standalone programming lab assignment this week.
- I made a mistake in lecture on Monday; see here for explanation.
- Tutoring sign-ups will be released Saturday noon. Tutoring will start next Monday.
- Office hours today 10-12 are in a new location, Garbarini Lounge.
Some office hour locations have shifted; check our calendar.
If you are on the waitlist: either complete and submit labs by Wednesday 8:59am with all tests passing 100%; or complete your lab and go to office hours on Friday to get checked off.
Homework 1 is due next Thursday, 8/30, at 11:59pm. You will receive a bonus point if you finish it a day early.
Office hours will be held starting Monday. See our schedule.
Students on the waitlist, please attend an overflow lab on Sunday (or do lab 01 on your own).
Students on the waitlist, please attend overflow lecture on Sunday at 3pm in Pimental.
Instructors: Ramesh Sridharan and David Wagner
Lecture: MWF 9am-10am in 150 Wheeler
|Wed 8/22||Introduction||Slides, Demos||1.1, 1.2, 1.3|
|Fri 8/24||Cause and Effect||Slides||2||
Homework 01 (Due Thu 8/30)
|Mon 8/27||Tables||Slides, Demos, Video||3|
|Wed 8/29||Data Types||Slides, Demos, Video||4, 5|
|Fri 8/31||Building Tables||Slides, Demos, Video||6.1, 6.2||
Homework 02 (Due Thu 9/6)
|Mon 9/3||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Wed 9/5||Charts; Census||Slides, Demos, Video||7, 7.1, 6.3, 6.4|
|Fri 9/7||Census||Slides, Demos, Video||6.3, 6.4||
Homework 03 (Due Thu 9/13)
|Mon 9/10||Histograms||Slides, Demos, Video||7.2, 7.3|
|Wed 9/12||Functions||Slides, Demos, Video||8, 8.1|
|Fri 9/14||Groups||Slides, Demos, Video||8.2, 8.3||
Homework 04 (Due Thu 9/20)
(Checkpoint Fri 9/21; Due Fri 9/28)
|Mon 9/17||Joins||Slides, Demos, Video||8.4|
|Wed 9/19||Table Examples||Slides, Demos, Video||8.5||
Lab: Project 1
|Fri 9/21||Iteration||Slides, Demos, Video||9, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3||
Homework 05 (Due Thu 9/27)
|Mon 9/24||Chance||Slides, Demos, Video||9.4, 9.5|
|Wed 9/26||Sampling||Slides, Demos, Video||10, 10.1, 10.2|
|Fri 9/28||Models||Slides, Demos, Video||10.3||
Homework 06 (Due Thu 10/4)
|Mon 10/1||Comparing Distributions||Slides, Demos, Video||11.1, 11.2|
|Wed 10/3||Decisions and Uncertainty||Slides, Demos, Video||11.3|
|Fri 10/5||A/B Testing||Slides, Demos, Video||12.1, 12.2||
Homework 07 (Due Wed 10/10)
|Mon 10/8||Causality||Slides, Demos, Video||12.3|
|Wed 10/10||Examples||Slides, Demos, Video||12.2||
Lab: Midterm Review
|Fri 10/12||Midterm Review||Slides, Video|
|Mon 10/15||Confidence intervals||Slides, Demos, Video||13, 13.1, 13.2|
|Wed 10/17||Interpreting Confidence||Slides, Demos, Video||13.3, 13.4|
|Fri 10/19||Center and Spread||Slides, Demos, Video||14, 14.1, 14.2||
Homework 08 (Due Thu 10/25)
(Checkpoint Fri 10/26; Due Fri 11/2)
|Mon 10/22||The Normal Distribution||Slides, Demos, Video||14.3, 14.4|
|Wed 10/24||Sample Means||Slides, Demos, Video||14.5||
Lab: Project 2
|Fri 10/26||Designing Experiments||Slides, Demos, Video||14.6||
Homework 09 (Due Thu 11/1)
|Mon 10/29||Correlation||Slides, Demos, Video||15, 15.1|
|Wed 10/31||Linear Regression||Slides, Demos, Video||15.2|
|Fri 11/2||Least Squares||Slides, Demos, Video||15.3, 15.4||
Homework 10 (Due Thu 11/8)
|Mon 11/5||Residuals||Slides, Demos, Video||15.5, 15.6|
|Wed 11/7||Regression Inference||Slides, Demos, Video||16|
|Fri 11/9||Classification||Slides, Demos, Video||17, 17.1, 17.2, 17.3||
Homework 11 (Due Thu 11/15)
(Checkpoint Mon 11/19; Due Fri 11/30)
|Mon 11/12||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Wed 11/14||Classifiers||Slides, Demos||17.4||
Lab: Project 3
Homework 12 (Due Thu 11/29)
|Wed 11/21||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Fri 11/23||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Mon 11/26||Case Studies|
Lab 10: Decisions