- Homework 9 is due Thursday, April 10th by midnight!
- Make sure to check here for office hour locations this week!
- Homework 8 is now due Saturday, 4/6, by midnight!
- Project 2 checkpoint is now due Sunday, 4/7, and Project 2 is due Sunday, 4/14, by midnight!
- Regrade requests for Lab 7 and Homework 7 are due by Wednesday, 4/3, by midnight.
- Make sure that every cell on your Project 2 submission takes less than 2 minutes to run! Otherwise, you may lose points.
- Project 2 will come out this Saturday, March 23rd!
- Project 1 Special Case Regrades can be found here!
- Project 1 Checkpoint is due this Friday by midnight! Make sure to finish the 8 required questions and then go back to the top of the notebook to run the submit cell!
- After the grade for an assignment is released, you will have up to 1 week to submit a regrade request for that assignment.
- Homework 1 has been released and is due Thursday, 1/31, by midnight. If you turn it in before Wednesday, 1/30, by midnight, you'll receive an extra credit point!
- Professor Fithian is holding special office hours this week on Friday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m!
- Welcome to the start of the semester! Please sign up for Piazza. We'll use it to answer questions, post announcements, and more.
- Lab starts this week so bring a laptop and get ready to learn! Lab attendance for this first week is mandatory so make sure you attend.
- Sign up for one of our connector courses!
Instructors: Ani Adhikari and Will Fithian
Lecture: MWF 10am-11am in 150 Wheeler
|Wed 1/23||Introduction||Slides, Demos, Video||1.1, 1.2, 1.3|
|Fri 1/25||Cause and Effect||Slides, Video||2||
Homework 01 (Due Thu 1/31)
|Mon 1/28||Tables||Slides, Demos, Video||3|
|Wed 1/30||Data Types||Slides, Demos, Video||4, 5|
|Fri 2/1||Building Tables||Slides, Demos, Video||6.1, 6.2||
Homework 02 (Due Thu 2/7)
|Mon 2/4||Census||Slides, Demos, Video||6.3, 6.4|
|Wed 2/6||Charts||Slides, Demos, Video||7, 7.1|
|Fri 2/8||Histograms||Slides, Demos, Video||7.2, 7.3||
Homework 03 (Due Thu 2/14)
|Mon 2/11||Functions||Slides, Demos, Video||8, 8.1|
|Wed 2/13||Groups||Slides, Demos, Video||8.2, 8.3|
|Fri 2/15||Joins||Slides, Demos, Video||8.4||
Homework 04 (Due Thu 2/21)
(Checkpoint Fri 2/22; Due Fri 3/1)
|Mon 2/18||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Wed 2/20||Table Examples||Slides, Demos, Video||8.5||
Lab: Project 1
|Fri 2/22||Iteration||Slides, Demos, Video||9, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3||
Homework 05 (Due Thu 2/28)
|Mon 2/25||Chance||Slides, Demos, Video||9.4, 9.5|
|Wed 2/27||Sampling||Slides, Demos, Video||10, 10.1, 10.2|
|Fri 3/1||Models||Slides, Demos, Video||10.3, 11.1||
Homework 06 (Due Thu 3/7)
|Mon 3/4||Comparing Distributions||Slides, Demos, Video||11.1, 11.2|
|Wed 3/6||Decisions and Uncertainty||Slides, Demos, Video||11.3|
|Fri 3/8||A/B Testing||Slides, Demos, Video||11.4, 12.1, 12.2||
Homework 07 (Due Thu 3/14)
|Mon 3/11||Causality||Slides, Demos, Video||12.3|
|Wed 3/13||Examples||Slides, Demos, Video||12.2||
Lab: Midterm Review
|Fri 3/15||Midterm Review||Slides, Demos, Video||
Midterm: 7-9 PM
|Mon 3/18||Confidence intervals||Slides, Demos, Video||13, 13.1, 13.2|
|Wed 3/20||Interpreting Confidence||Slides, Demos, Video||13.3, 13.4|
|Fri 3/22||Center and Spread||Slides, Demos, Video||14, 14.1, 14.2||
Homework 08 (Due Sat 4/6)
(Checkpoint Sun 4/7; Due Sun 4/14)
|Mon 3/25||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Wed 3/27||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Fri 3/29||Holiday: No Lecture|
|Mon 4/1||The Normal Distribution||Slides, Demos, Video||14.3, 14.4|
|Wed 4/3||Sample Means||Slides, Demos, Video||14.5||
Lab: Project 2
|Fri 4/5||Designing Experiments||Slides, Demos, Video||14.6||
Homework 09 (Due Thu 4/11)
|Mon 4/8||Correlation||Slides, Demos, Video||15, 15.1|
|Wed 4/10||Linear Regression||Slides, Demos, Video||15.2|
|Fri 4/12||Least Squares||Slides, Demos, Video||15.3, 15.4||
Homework 10 (Due Thu 4/18)
|Mon 4/15||Residuals||Slides, Demos, Video||15.5, 15.6|
|Wed 4/17||Regression Inference||Slides, Demos, Video||16|
|Fri 4/19||Privacy||Slides, Video||
Homework 11 (Due Thu 4/25)
(Checkpoint Fri 4/26; Due Fri 5/3)
|Mon 4/22||Classification||17, 17.1, 17.2, 17.3|
|Mon 4/29||Case Study: Health|
|Wed 5/1||Case Study: Education|